Websites with information about mindfulness:
Websites for Insight Meditation Retreat Centers:
- Bardacke, N. (2012). Mindful birthing: Training the mind, body, and heart for childbirth and beyond. HarperOne.
- Germer, C. (2009). The mindful path to self-compassion: Freeing yourself from destructive thoughts and emotions. Guilford.
- Harris, R. (2008). The happiness trap. Trumpeter.
- Kabat-Zinn, J. (1990). Full catastrophe living: Using the wisdom of your body and mind to face stress, pain, and illness. Delta.
- Kabat-Zinn, J. (1994). Wherever you go there you are: Mindfulness meditation in everyday life. Hyperion.
- Kabat-Zinn, J. (2005). Coming to our senses: Healing ourselves and the world through mindfulness. Hyperion.
- Kabat-Zinn, M., & Kabat-Zinn, J. (1997). Everyday blessings: The inner work of mindful parenting. Hyperion.
- Neff, K. (2011). Self-compassion: Stop beating yourself up and leave insecurity behind. HarperCollins.
- Orsillo, S. & Roemer, L. (2011). The mindful way through anxiety: Break free from chronic worry and reclaim your life. Guilford.
- Salzburg, S. (2011). Real happiness: The power of mediation. Workman.
- Vieten, C. (2009). Mindful motherhood: Practical tools for staying sane during pregnancy and your child’s first year. New Harbinger.
- Williams, M. & Penman, D. (2011). Mindfulness: An eight-week plan for finding peace in a frantic world. Rodale.
- Williams, M., Teasdale, J., Segal, Z., & Kabat-Zinn, J. (2007). The mindful way through depression: Freeing yourself from chronic unhappiness. Guilford.
Books for professionals:
- Baer, R. A. (2006). Mindfulness-based treatment approaches: A clinician’s guide to evidence base and applications. Elsevier.
- Bowen, S., Chawla, N., & Marlatt, G. (2011). Mindfulness-based relapse prevention for addictive behaviors: A clinician’s guide. Guilford.
- Dimeff, L. & Koerner, K. (2007). Dialectical behavior therapy in clinical practice: Applications across disorders and settings. Guilford.
- Germer, C. & Siegel, R. (2012). Wisdom and compassion in psychotherapy: Deepening mindfulness in clinical practice. Guilford.
- Germer, C., Siegel, R., & Fulton, P. (2005). Mindfulness and psychotherapy. Guilford.
- Hayes, S., Follette, V., & Linehan, M. (2004). Mindfulness and acceptance: Expanding the cognitive behavioral tradition. Guilford.
- Hayes, S., Strosahl, K., & Wilson, K. (2012). Acceptance and commitment therapy: The process and practice of mindful change (2nd edition). Guilford.
- Linehan, M. M. (1993). Cognitive behavioral treatment of borderline personality disorder. Guilford.
- Linehan, M. M. (1993). Skills training manual for treating borderline personality disorder. Guilford.
- Roemer, L. & Orsillo, S. (2009). Mindfulness- and acceptance-based behavioral therapies in practice. Guilford.
- Segal, Z. V., Williams, J. M. G., & Teasdale, J. D. (2013). Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy for depression (2nd edition). Guilford.
- Shapiro, S. L. & Carlson, L. E. (2009). The art and science of mindfulness: Integrating mindfulness into psychology and the helping professions. American Psychological Association.
Recordings of mindfulness exercises: